Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013 Goal Check-In

There's still a little over a day left in April, so I'm not going to call this final just yet.
  1. Submit three stories for the first time. - I got one out the door, which is better than zero.
  2. Read seven short stories each Monday to Sunday week. - Four-for-four. I think this format is better for me, though I may up this to 10 per week to try to move me closer to my year-goal.
  3. Reply to all Kazka Press flash fiction submissions by the 24th. - Got it.
  4. Make twenty submissions of non-reprint stories. - Also got it.
  5. Outline and get at least 4000 words written on a novelette for general submission. - This one isn't happening.
  6. Write one non-flash story which is NOT inspired by any pre-existing prompt/theme/etc. - I've got an idea outlined for a story which will probably come in at 1500-2500 words. I'm intending to get started on composing it yet tonight.
  7. Blog every Monday about my goal progress. -  Two weeks out of four. Could be worse.
I'll pop in later in the week to set up my May goals and close out April in terms of goals 1 and 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment