Monday, February 4, 2013

"Back to School" in Plasma Frequency Issue #4

When 2012 ended, I had quite a few stories which had sold but not yet seen publication. So far I haven't sold a story yet in 2013, but as a result of having those pending stories out there from 2012, I've had five short stories released so far in the first 35 days of this year. I'm not going to keep up that story-publication-a-week thing for long, but it's been fun to share while it's lasted.

Today, Plasma Frequency Magazine released their fourth issue and it includes my short story "Back to School." This was one of the first stories I wrote in 2011, when I got back into writing, and it was originally an attempt at sort of a Garrison Keillor vibe with zombie teachers. Yep. Zombie Teachers.

The story got edited a bit here and there along the way, and I don't know if much of the GK sensibility remains, but I'm fond of this little story and glad that it found a home. I hope that you enjoy reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment