Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Links: December 2, 2012

A new month, the last of 2012. I haven't met all of my goals for the year. Haven't even come close in fact. And yet, I've met many more of my writing aspirations in this year than I would have ever dreamed possible. Put simply, it's been a good year, and I'm hoping that 2013 will provide opportunities to build on what's happened during 2012.


Here are the writing-related links which I've come across this week which I wanted to share:

"One Trick That Helps With Meeting Daily Word Count Goals" (Jody Hedlund) - Jody talks about the way she uses short periods of focused writing time to ensure she meets her goals. Similar to the Pomodoro technique.

"Subtle Things #1: Character Innocence" (L. Blankenship at Notes from the Jovian Frontier) - A
discussion of how to deal with the things your characters should know and the things they shouldn't know.

"10 Tricks to Make Your Fight Scene Realistic" (Rayne Hall guest-blogging at David Harlow's Twisted Tales and Vicious Verses" - Exactly what it sounds like, a collection of tips on things you can do in writing a fight scene to keep it exciting and engage the reader with a sense of realism.

Along with those links, here are my blog posts for this week. They were all about goals and story sales!

"My Goals for December" - Monday I wrote up my December goal list. I'm off to a good start, having written a first draft of a flash science fiction story last night.

"Story Sale: 'In the Paint' to Arcane II" - Monday also saw the first of three story sale posts for the week.

"Story Sale: 'The Barber and the Count' to Beneath Ceaseless Skies" - Tuesday saw my second story sale and this one is the one that makes me qualified to join SFWA as a full Active member.

"November Goal Wrap-Up" - Thursday I reviewed my goals for November and how I did at meeting them.

"'Twenty-Seven Rules for Coping' in French" - Finally, Saturday I announced the sale of French-language reprint rights for "Twenty-Seven Rules for Coping."

We're down into the last few weeks of 2012. I hope that your writing is going well and, if you're also gearing up for various late-year holidays, that all of that goes well, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment