Saturday, November 5, 2011

Call & Response Flash Fiction (Iteration 2)

Having published my first "Call & Response" flash fiction ("The Morandini Genie") yesterday, it's now time for the second iteration.

Every other Friday (when I'm not posting a "Dissecting the Short Story" post) I'll publish a new short story, definitely under 1000 words, often under 500 words. Now here's the twist that gives the series its name... Each story will be based on a writing prompt supplied by one of my readers.

Here's how it will work. Every other Saturday I'll post a new request for prompts. The prompt can be anything at all. It can be a photo, a concept, a few words. Whatever. People will have until Noon Eastern Time on Thursday to submit their prompts. Thursday night/Friday morning I'll announce the winning prompt from among those posted. The following Friday I'll post the story inspired by the prompt.

So, start submitting your prompts right now. I'll announce the winning prompt on Thursday November 10th and publish the resulting story on Friday November 18th.

As a reminder the person who submitted the prompt which I select will receive a $5 Amazon gift card as a prize for having a great prompt.

The fine print: All rights to the story created based on the prompt will be held by the author of the story. The $5 prize is only available to people with an Amazon account to which I can send the prize electronically. I reserve the right to add more fine print to future versions of this activity if I feel the need to do so. (Though I sorely hope I don't need to.) There are no guarantees that I will continue to run this activity beyond the currently-posted Request for Prompts. (Though I sorely hope that it will be fun for us all and that I will want to do so.)

5 comments:

  1. http://www101.pair.com/jazz1/images/rosebush.jpg

    Courtesy of the snowstorm we had last week.

    or

    A rosebush growing up a wall

    -Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture, Nellie! Thank you for your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michael! I hope you got my email about the Campaign prize? Let me know if you didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, and thank you! I have not had a chance to pick out a book yet, but I will do so soon. Thank for the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, looks like you're the winner! Thanks for your entry. I'll have the official blog post up soon.

    ReplyDelete